I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. Can’t believe we are about to begin a new year! So rather than a December Rewind & Review, I’ve decided to recap my entire year. (2014 was rather fabulous, friends.)
Posts – 91
Book reviews – 21
Movie reviews – 5
The Book Thief // Vampire Academy // Divergent // The Fault in Our Stars // The Giver
Author interviews – 3
Ned Stuckey-French // Elizabeth Stuckey-French // Marissa Meyer
I read 61 books this year, beating my goal of 50. (And last year I didn’t even make my 50-book goal, so this is especially exciting!)
Needless to say, it was a really great reading year.
And I think this is largely thanks to the fantastic book blogs I stumbled across this year, which reviewed/recommended several of my favorite 2014 reads. Also, the discovery of these blogs led to my participation in Top 10 Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) and Rewind & Review (hosted by Shae Has Left the Room).
I continued to participate in the blog chain hosted by Teens Can Write, Too.
- New look! – In early January, I changed my blog design to the theme you see now, and I’m quite happy with it.
- ARCs! – I became a member of Netgalley and received my first e-galleys to review.
- Conference – For the second year, I attended the Tallahassee Writer’s Conference and blogged about my experience.
- Sunshine Award – I was nominated for my first blogger award! Tara Therese nominated me for the Sunshine Award.
- Syd’s letter – I introduced my sister to the blog via a letter she wrote to me for a school assignment.
- Snippet series – I wrote a series of posts about creating a Snippet.
I also traveled to Italy this past summer and then started college, so I’d say it’s been a pretty big year. Thanks for sticking with me! I’m looking forward to an even better 2015.
Tell me about your year! Personal/professional accomplishments? When you look back, what stands out? And what suggestions do you have for Brooke Reviews?