Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
1. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson – I feel sort of guilty about this one. I got maybe halfway through, put it down, and never picked it back up. I can’t even remember why I abandoned it. Now I just don’t feel like starting over, so it will forever shame me from my bookshelf.
2. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi – Another book I started reading but never finished. I heard so many good things, and I think I enjoyed it during the brief period I was reading, but I can’t go back.
3. Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell – I was so excited about this book, but I’ve read a few reviews which put a bad taste in my mouth. Also, I’m just not sure I could handle a teenage serial killer.
4. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver – I fell hard for book 1 (Delirium) of this series, but I just can’t bring myself to read book 2. It bugs me when authors separate their protagonists from the love interests, simply to throw up another obstacle. Grr.
5. The Jewel by Amy Ewing – Interesting premise, but I’ve read too many negative reviews to give it a shot. Maybe someday, but I’m already drowning in my current TBR pile.
6. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling – This is the first book Rowling published following the Harry Potter series, and I can imagine she was under a lot of pressure. I just don’t want the book to tarnish my perspective of her. I’ve read her Robert Galbraith books (and absolutely LOVED them!) but I will not read this one.
7. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt – I tried, guys. I really tried.
8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – So many recommendations! Maybe I’ll come back to it a few years from now.
9. A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin – These books require such a time commitment. And there are so many characters to keep up with. I just wanted to find out what happened to Arya, and it seemed like there were a million pages between me and Arya’s next chapter.
10. The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon – Honestly, I wasn’t a huge fan of The Bone Season, but I was curious to see if the sequel might be any better. It sat at the top of my TBR for weeks and then I decided to return it to the library because it was overdue…
Have you read these books?? Should I give them a second chance? Share your thoughts!