Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
So today’s topic is books to put you in the Halloween spirit – I’ve chosen 10 that gave me goosebumps, or featured demons/monsters/magic. And consequently, I think each of these novels could inspire a really cool costume, which was the other topic for today’s TTT. Enjoy!
1. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare – Warriors fighting demons – definitely a series to put you in the Halloween spirit!
2. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – If the Darkling doesn’t put you in the Halloween spirit, I don’t know what will.
3. Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong – Monsters! *squeal*
4. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – Book 1 in a series about magic and Fae and evil kings.
5. In the Shadows by Keirsten White – Several scenes seriously creeped me out. Totally appropriate for Halloween!
6. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – This Cinderella requires a very different costume.
7. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead – Vampires. The undead. Need I say more?
8. Vitro by Jessica Khoury – There are humans being bred on this island.
9. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge – Another darker/grittier fairy tale retelling!
10. Born of Illusion by Teri Brown – Magicians, mediums, mentalists, and seances. Read this on Halloween and shiver with delight. (That was cheesy. I apologize.)
What novels put you in the Halloween spirit? Please share!